The firm’s founding member, Christopher D. Adams, concentrates his practice in the areas of state and federal criminal defense, attorney ethics matters and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Adams is admitted to practice in New Jersey, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He appears frequently in both state and federal courts in New Jersey, federal courts throughout the country, and has argued significant matters before the New Jersey Supreme Court. Mr. Adams received his B.A., cum laude, from West Virginia University in 1995 and his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1998, where he served as President of the Student Bar Association.
Mr. Adams is the 2006 recipient of the New Jersey State Bar Association Young Lawyer Professional Achievement Award, and was named a “Top 40 Under 40” Attorney by the New Jersey Law Journal in its August 2007 issue. He has been recognized in New Jersey Monthly magazine’s “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” of the legal profession from 2006 through 2011. Mr. Adams has been selected by New Jersey Super Lawyers in the area of Criminal Defense since 2012.
Mr. Adams has served as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Model Criminal Jury Charges, the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Jury Selection in Civil and Criminal Trials, the Chief Justice’s Joint Committee on Criminal Justice, and the District V-C Ethics Committee. He is also a Trustee of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, where he is the President-elect.
- Criminal Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Family Law
- Disciplinary and Ethics proceedings
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- University of West Virginia, B.A., cum laude, 1995
Admissions to Practice
- New Jersey, 1999
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1999
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1999
Professional Memberships and Associations
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey State Bar Association,
- Trustee, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDL-NJ)
- Association of the Federal Bar
- Monmouth County Bar Association
Articles and Publications
- Adams, C., ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK – FEWER DEFENSE PEREMPTORIES WOULD NULLIFY PROPOSED VOIR DIRE IMPROVEMENTS, New Jersey Law Journal (JULY 4, 2005)
- Adams, C., and Cahill, M., THE BLAKELY FALLOUT: The unknown future of sentencing guidelines, 177 N.J.L.J. 620 (2004)
- Adams, C., WHAT DOES BLAKELY MEAN FOR NEW JERSEY? The future of the state’s sentencing system is most definitely uncertain, 178 N.J.L.J. 320 (2004)