P: (732) 837-4544 • F: (732) 837-4300 • E: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Jersey native Kevin A. Buchan concentrates his legal practice in the areas of criminal defense, administrative law, and ethics proceedings. He regularly handles all phases of criminal litigation at both the state and federal levels. Kevin’s interest in criminal defense work began in law school when he served as an intern in the office of the Union County Prosecutor. From that time on, he knew that he wanted to devote his career to criminal law. Following law school, Kevin served as a criminal law clerk for Honorable William L’E. Wertheimer, J.S.C. This experience gave him further insight into the workings of the criminal justice system.
Kevin takes pleasure in his ability to help others, particularly at a time in their lives when they may have stumbled or made mistakes. Colleagues describe Kevin as practical, approachable, and knowledgeable in the day-to-day practice of law. Clients appreciate that he cares about them and is attentive to the details of their cases, as well as being quietly tenacious in his pursuit of justice on their behalf.
Kevin is decisive and always goes the distance to gets things done for his client. These traits have served him well in his criminal defense practice, as well as during his tenure as the Municipal Prosecutor for Franklin Township, New Jersey. He was appointed to that position in January, 2009. Kevin has been consistently recognized for his proficiency in the practice of law. He was honored in New Jersey Monthly Magazine as a “Super Lawyers – Rising Star” from 2009 through 2013. In 2014, Kevin was elected as a Trustee to the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey.
Kevin resides in Holmdel, New Jersey with his wife and four children. When he is not working, Kevin, a former member of the Rutgers Varsity Lacrosse team, he enjoys watching Rutgers football and coaching his kids’ sports teams.
- Criminal Defense
- Administrative Law
- Ethics Proceedings
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Rutgers College, B.A., cum laude, 2001
Admissions to Practice
- New Jersey, 2005
- New York, 2005
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 2007
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2007
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2012
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Trustee, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDLNJ)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Association of the Federal Bar
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Honors and Publications
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine’s “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars,” 2009-2013*
- Co-author, Tax Consequences of Forfeiture, Penalties, and Restitution, TAX NOTES, January 21, 2013 (John H. Skarbnik, Kevin A. Buchan)