P: (732) 837-4544 • F: (732) 837-2328 • E: email@example.com
Stephanie Palo joined the firm in 2014. Stephanie devotes her practice to the litigation of family law, criminal defense, and commercial civil litigation matters. Although Stephanie always strives to efficiently resolve cases in her clients’ favor, she is an experienced litigator who when necessary zealously advocates for her clients in court. She is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey, the District Court of the District of New Jersey, and the State of New York.
In her family law practice, Stephanie prides herself on assessing and attentively addressing the unique challenges of each case. Stephanie is prepared whether the case presents with contested child custody issues, complex distribution of marital property, cash-flow disputes, marital business distribution, domestic violence, or need for appeal. She is also dedicated to resolving disputes through the use of alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and collaborative divorce.
While attending Rutgers School of Law-Newark, Stephanie served as Co-Chair of the Moot Court Board, a Legal Research and Writing Teaching Associate, and a Submissions Editor on the Women’s Rights Law Reporter. Stephanie additionally served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden of the District Court of the District of New Jersey.
After graduating from Rutgers School of Law – Newark in 2009, Stephanie was a judicial clerk to the Honorable Rudy B. Coleman of the New Jersey Appellate Division. As a law clerk, Stephanie was dedicated to conducting legal research, drafting bench memoranda, and assisting Judge Coleman in the composition of judicial opinions.
Stephanie is an energetic and compassionate advocate who takes pride in assisting her clients during what for many is one of the most difficult times in their lives.
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark, Newark, New Jersey, 2009 J.D.
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2006 B.S.
- Major: Mass Communication – Minor: International Relations
Admissions to Practice
- New Jersey, 2009
- New York, 2010
- S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2010
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017 – 2019
- National Academy of Family Law attorneys Under 40 Top 10, 2017
Professional Memberships and Associations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of Women Lawyers
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group (Vice President)
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of New Jersey
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDLNJ)
Articles and Publications
- A Charade of Change: Honor Killings Go Unpunished in Pakistan, 1 U.C. Davis J. Int’L Law & Pol’y 93 (2008)
- Still Citizens After Marriage: Exploring Women’s Nationality Rights, 30 Women’s Rts. L. Rep. 673 (2009)